Saturday, February 28, 2009

Leaving on a jet plane












Finals ended on Friday. It's been a great year with great group of kids. For my M5 (11th graders), we had a huge pizza party (complete with seaweed flavored Lays chips and chicken wings). They started off the class by having one of the head class boys read a note to me about how much they have loved having me as a teacher and that I'm the best one they've had this year. I was already teary from the get-go. We took a million photos and we ate a lot of food. Knowing my obsession with ice-cream, they presented me this cute little plate:



It says "We (heart) Star"... it was so precious.
At the end of class, they all sat around me and asked me to sing "Leaving on a Jet Plane," in the stylings of how I sang it on Music Day... and I did. They were quiet as I started but I couldn't finish the whole song because I got choked up. I've just had the best year with those guys and I really hope that I'll get to teach them next year in M6.

Although I don't have a recording of that acoustic rendition of LJP, I do have a video of my singing at our school's music day so if you're interested, you can check out the video HERE, that is, if you manage to hear me past the constant din of high school students...
Enjoy!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you had a great time with them. Through all the ups and downs, the ups tend to cancel out and make you forget the downs.

Teach them next year? Are you going back?