Monday, October 26, 2009

Uncertainties

Today was the first day of class, ending the three-week mid-semester hiatus. I find I am still slightly terrified every first day, perhaps time is the only thing that can alleviate the nervous anticipation of delivering a successful lesson to bleary-eyed students whose desire to be anywhere but the classroom is wholly comparable to yours.

But, time is one thing that I now severly lack. Today, I had to make the official declaration that I would not be returning to the school for the next academic year. This marks a complete reversal from the position I found myself in a year ago. I have truly loved and have been so thankful for my time here in Bangkok but teaching has never been my heart's calling and there is a part of me that knows it's time to return to the path I set out for myself so many years ago.

So, as they say, it's the final countdown. In 5 months I'll have to say farewell to a place that means every bit as much to me as home.

1 comment:

AllanB said...

It's been an amazing experience for you, yes. But we look forward to having you home again.