Saturday, May 24, 2008

I'm here!

Hey everyone,

I'm so glad to report that I landed at the Bangkok International Airport around 11:10 pm Friday, May 23rd. For those of you who are interested, the time difference between Bangkok and Houston is 12 hours - Bangkok is 12 hours ahead so right now it is 10:24 am on Saturday for me and 10:24 pm on Friday for you...freaky isn't it?? Last night was incredibly lonely, I won't lie. After all of the craziness that happened, I wish I would have had more time to spend with friends and family but I am searching for the silver lining instead. Today, I am off to explore Bangkok with another Baylor student named Christa who has been sweet enough to help me out yesterday and today. I miss you all dearly and I will add some more pictures and other news when I can use my own computer ( I am currently using Christa's because the internet in my room has not yet been set up). Please leave tons of comments because they make me feel super happy and not alone.

Love you all.

3 comments:

Digter said...

I love you too! I am so glad that Christa has been there to help you out. Tell her thanks from me! Missing you,

Tom

Unknown said...

Star - here is Kim's number if you want to contact her - 0844243623. As far as I know she's still living in your neighborhood (I think in your building) so she can help you out if you need anything or just want to see a familiar face. Hope you had a fun weekend! Love ya - Steph

Estee said...

it's lonely now i'm sure, but it'll get a lot better really soon. :D *hug* from the us!