Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Happiness is...

- my M5 students running up to give me hugs on Monday (the first day back from holiday) while telling me how much they've missed me

- the naughty, but sincere, M3 boy who comes up to me and preemptively asks me not to switch him over to another teacher and promises to be better

- the old lady who takes my 15 pound gym bag and places it on her lap because the bus is over-flowing with people and I'm having difficulty standing with the weight on my shoulder

- late nights in May's room, curled up under blankets watching absolutely terrible films, but enjoying the necessary laughs after a long day

- the banana-smoothie lady on Soi 6 who knows what I need without my needing to say a word

- fire-dancers and other Koh Samet adventures with Kim and Jahnavi

- well-timed letters and postcards from loved ones from home (thanks Katie and Chi-Chi - yes Chi-Chi, your silly postcard FINALLY made it over here)

- notes/emails/facebook messages of encouragement

- loving and being loved

No comments: