Thursday, June 12, 2008

I almost died last night...

Every time I use the BTS (aboveground subway), when I get off at the stop from which I walk home, I always encounter the stairs of death - as we have all termed it. It is a very steep staircase, complete with small, broken steps that are so slippery.

Last night, I was coming home with Bobbi and Stacie and I was taking my time gingerly on these steps but I must have stepped on a broken piece because I then found myself falling with my back on the steps and bumping down from the top of the stairs to the bottom. Thankfully I did not hit my head - I landed on my back. I've come away with some severe back and ankle pains as well as numerous cuts and bruises. Most thankfully of all, I don't believe anything is broken but I will be going to the clinic today to make sure.

Your warm thoughts and well-wishes would be greatly appreciated.

7 comments:

lalinoir said...

Oooh! I hope you'll get better, chica. Let's hope nothing's broken.

-Gigi

Unknown said...

Once the stairs taste blood, they'll want more. Be careful!! PS- cookies in the mail and I'll add band-aids too.

Anonymous said...

That is so scary!!! Stupid stairs. I hope you are feeling better and that you heal fast!

Anonymous said...

aww....sorry to hear that suga boog. hope everything's ok!

Anonymous said...

STAR!! OMG, you poor thing! My suggestion for the future is to bring an extra pair of sturdy, flat shoes so you're not attempting to walk down the stairs of death in unsteady heels.

Anonymous said...

Oh honey, what did they tell you at the clinic?

Unknown said...

Thanks for all your sweet comments! Tiffany, I am psyched for those cookies...